I currently offer homeopathic psychotherapy sessions, dream work sessions, consultations and ‘Awareness Intensive’ sessions through phone, as well as using online free video conference softwares such as Skype and VSee.
They are great alternatives to face-to-face sessions when you are unable to travel to the session room. Many people now enjoy the convenience of working on themselves and getting support in their own homes and offices where they feel most comfortable.
I treat phone and online sessions the same way I do face-to-face sessions. Even through long distance, I believe we still share a common space or a field in some way. I strive to create a safe space in which we explore things together and try to pick up and communicate to you about subtle information that comes through the tone of your voice, the atmosphere, and the images and feelings that occur in me. Depending on the process, I may invite you to draw a picture or do movement work. Many people feel less shy to try it and enjoy doing such works in their private space.
You may enjoy the benefit of phone and online counselling if you;
- live in a remote place where counselling services are not easily accessible, for example, if you are an English-speaking person living in Japan or other countries away from home.
- do not feel comfortable about visiting a counsellor’s office or you do not want others to know that you go see a counsellor.
- would like to work on yourself in a place where you feel most comfortable.
- are very busy and do not have time to travel to a counselling office.
- would like to try out counselling before committing to more long-term therapy.
- Please try to create a private space free of distractions and other people’s presence as best you can during the session time (and preferably 10 minutes or so before and after the sessions.)
- If possible please use a head set so that you have your hands free (speaker phone might create an echo and may not work so well).
- It would be a good idea to have some paper, pencils and crayons, a couple of puppets, and some pillows ready. Even in phone sessions, we can still incorporate art therapy, psychodrama using puppets, and movement work.
How to Book a Session
- your name
- your phone number where I can reach you on the day of session
- (If online session) your contact information for Skype or VSee
- your email address
- preferred days and times for sessions
- a very brief summary (less than 300 words please!) of the reason you would like to have a session / consultation.
Please write “session enquiry’ or “session request”in the email’s subject box. This keeps your email from being treated as spam. I normally answer emails within two days with suggested date and time for the session and payment detail.
If I feel I cannot be of support for your issues or conditions, I will suggest an alternative way or refer you to a professional who would be of better service to you.
My current rate for a 50 minute session is £60 GBP in U.K. and ¥12,000 in Japan. I sometimes have low costs spaces available for students and those with low income.
Payment and Cancellation
Payment can be made in advance by bank transfer if you are living in Japan or in UK, or through Paypal if you are living elsewhere. You will receive payment information from me once we agree on starting a session.
Please give me at least 48 hours cancellation notice. Please note that cancelled sessions with less than 48 hour notice or missed sessions are charged as follows, unless it involves circumstances that we both agree are an emergency:
- cancelled with less than 48 to 24 hours notice; half of session fee
- cancelled with less than 24 hr notice or missed session: in full
When you are experiencing an acute body symptom or you recognize that you are in danger of hurting yourself and/or others, please call an emergency number, head for a nearest hospital with A&E (Accident & Emergency) facility, or contact your GP, family doctor, or your family member as soon as possible.
Here are some emergency information for UK and Japan;
Samaritans; Tel 008457 90 90 90 / E-mail sevice firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS Direct; Tel 0845 46 47
I am unable to offer online support to those aged under 18 (because of UK legislation). Please contact Childline on 0800 1111 if you are under 18 and need to talk with someone.
- Emergency/ Ambulance; 119
- Japan Helpline; Tel 0120-46-1997 (Toll-free)
- Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Institution Information Emergengy Translation Service;Tel 03-5285-8185 (Weekdays: 5:00PM-8:00PM, Weekends and Holidays; 9:00AM-8:00PM, Languages: English/Chinese/Korean/Thai/Spanish)