What is Awareness Session?
Awareness Session is a new type of session that allows you to learn a set of new skills to be your own counsellor, while working with a therapist on your real life issues. In other words, It is a therapy session and a tutorial / workshop in one. It is an empowering alternative for those who are hesitating or cannot afford to start a long-term therapy, or for those who would like to be more self-directed in exploring various aspects of life.
Based on 20 years of experience as a psychotherapist and workshop facilitator, I have extracted the basic essences of what is needed for self-transformation, and combined them in a most effective way so that people can learn in a relatively short time how to explore their own issues and transform their lives. The comprehensive 6-hour session combines psychotherapy with various alternative approaches and wisdom from different spiritual traditions in the world.
Topics covered by Awareness Session
Awareness Session is usually 6 hour in total, and can be taken in one day or in 2 – 3 parts. Customized Awareness Session that suits your own needs and unique situation can be also created.
In the typical Awareness Session, we will be covering the following topics;
- Basics for inner awareness; one minute meditation, grounding exercise, exercises to enhance inner awareness and intuition
- familiar me vs. new me; different energies present in the inner and outer world (map making)
- Transforming problems and challenges into your personal power
- Dream interpretation 101
- Magic of relationship; understanding your relationship dynamics with your family, partner, friends and work colleagues
- Transforming problematic relationships and creating new relationships
- Inner journey and meditation for couples (couple’s session only)
- Soul retrieval; releasing unwanted energy / retrieving the lost energy
- Integration; Tips for anchoring your learning / apps and computer software for daily self care
Format for Awareness Session
- As you work on your issues with your therapist, you will also learn how to understand the deeper meanings behind your everyday experiences and how to explore them further by yourself.
- At the same time, you will be completing ‘a map of psyche’ that will allow you to perceive the bigger picture of your inner and outer life. The map will also show your usual tendencies and your true potentials.
- You will then be guided to pinpoint what is making the flow of energy stagnant in your life and what is stopping you from aligning yourself with your true path, if any. A self healing work using shamanic method will follow.
- You will discuss with your therapist tips for anchoring the above learning and different ways for continuing with and enhancing your self-transformation process.
Throughout the session, you will learn and practice using art, role play, visualization, dream interpretation, body awareness and movement to creatively explore your issues.
Issues Awareness Session can address;
- depression, anxiety
- feeling that things are not going as they should
- relationship issues in your personal and profession lives,
- issues regarding romantic relationship
- disturbing or fascinating dreams, recurrent dreams
- grief and loss
- dealing with chronic and life challenging illnesses
- addiction and addictive tendencies
- life transition
- disturbing happenings, synchronistic events
- death and dying
- personal growth / creativity/ spirituality
Length of session; 6 hour (usually 2 hour x 3 parts)
- UK residents; £360 GBP / Japan residents; 72,000 yen / Other countries; as in UK
- Couple’s session: £400 / 60,000 yen per couple
- Follow-up sessions; £70 (12,000 yen) / hour
How to Make an Appointment
1. Please email Hitomi at info(at)innerawareness.org with the following information;
- your name
- your Skype name (for online session)
- phone number where I can reach you on the day of session
- email address
- your country and city
- days and times of your preference for sessions
- a very brief summary (less than 300 words please!) of the reason you would like to have the Awareness Session
2. You will receive an email from me with session and payment details.
If I feel I cannot be of support for your issues or conditions, I will suggest an alternative or refer you to a professional who would be of better service to you.
Please write “Awareness Session request”in the email’s subject box. This keeps your email from being treated as spam. I normally answer emails within two days.
If you are currently seeing a psychiatrist or a psychotherapist / counsellor, before contacting me, please make sure you discuss with them if Awareness Session would be appropriate for your current conditions and situations.
When you are experiencing an acute body symptom or you recognize that you are in danger of hurting yourself and/or others, Awareness Session would not be the best choice for your support. Please call an emergency number, head for a nearest hospital with A&E (Accident & Emergency) facility, or contact your GP, family doctor, or your family member as soon as possible.
Here are some emergency information for UK and Japan;
Samaritans; Tel 008457 90 90 90 / E-mail sevice email@example.com
NHS Direct; Tel 0845 46 47
I am unable to offer online support to those aged under 18 (because of UK legislation). Please contact Childline on 0800 1111 if you are under 18 and need to talk with someone.
Emergency/ Ambulance; 119
Japan Helpline; Tel 0120-46-1997 (Toll-free)
Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Institution Information, Emergengy Translation Service; Tel 03-5285-8185 (Weekdays: 5:00PM-8:00PM, Weekends and Holidays: 9:00AM-8:00PM, Languages: English/Chinese/Korean/Thai/Spanish)